Low carb or keto diet is nowadays followed by many and is quite popular among millennials who are die-hard health consciou. A low carb diet helps in reducing your weight and also keeps your blood pressure under control by maintaining a healthy eating lifestyle.
For a low carb diet, you don’t have to count the number of calories you are eating or starve yourself. It just means eating low carb food Iike portions of pasta, sugar delicacies, bread and including more fat, proteins, and vegetables in your diet.
Indulge in Low-Fat Sweet Dishes:
Low carb diet means that you should eat healthy by keeping a tab on the ingredients you use to make your low diet recipes. Just because you are on a keto diet doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice indulging your sweet tooth. Today I will be giving you an amazing recipe on how to whip up for yourself a low carb cappuccino Cheesecake Mousse.
Cheesecake is just like custard, only instead of dairy items like heavy milk cream, low carb ingredients like cream cheese or mascarpone are used to make this delicious dessert. You can even make a crust of cookie crumbs or graham crackers etc. You can add any flavor you want like lemon, chocolate, pumpkin, etc.
Low-Fat Ingredients Needed:
This keto cappuccino cheesecake mousse is easy to make. There is no need for any baking and hardly 15 minutes of preparation time is needed. While adding sweeteners to this dish, you need to keep in mind its sweetness level. Cream cheese is high in fat. Some cheeses are naturally low in fat levels like part Romano, Parmesan, etc.
When you go shopping, you have options to choose from low fat to even fat-free varieties of cheeses. The main difference between both low fat and full-fat cream cheeses is the amount of milk and what kind of milk is added during its manufacturing process. Low fat cream cheese is made with low fat or skimmed milk. Hence it is also low in calcium levels.
Artificial or Natural Sweeteners can be used:
The next main ingredient is low fat or artificial sweeteners. There are many popular natural low-fat sweeteners available today. I have used Stevia. You can even use honey as its natural sugar-based sweetener and it is also healthy. Stevia is very sweet and is extracted from the leaves of a plant. It is found mainly in South America. Stevia keeps blood pressure and blood sugar levels under control. It also reduces hypertension. It is calorie-free and is very popular among even vegans. Other sweeteners are Yacon syrup from Yacon plant, Xylitol, and Erythritol.
Low-Fat Milk Tastes Good too:
The last ingredient to get the perfect cheesecake is almond milk. You can also use hemp, soy, rice milk as alternatives to natural dairy milk. These are sugar-free and nutritional replacements. This unsweetened almond milk tastes a bit like roasted almonds so while making this cheesecake mousse you will have a union of the coffee and almond flavors. Also, do get the best coffee beans to put in the recipe. It not only adds an authentic coffee taste to the cheesecake mousse but also looks good as a decoration on top.
You can make yummy and delicious sweet recipes with these above keto ingredients and still have flavors burst in your mouth. Let us begin now with the recipe. The preparation and duration time for the cheesecake mousse is 15 minutes. It is always best to keep everything ready before starting the cooking process. This recipe I have listed below is for 8 people. I have calculated the calories in this and it comes up to 284 calories.
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1-2 tsp coffee extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla or toffee liquid stevia
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Optional: you can add coffee beans if you wish.
- First add the cream cheese and coffee in the mixer. Blend them till they are smooth and fluffy.
- If there are particles of this mixture on the sides, scrape them well.
- Now in the mixer pour in the almond milk or any low-fat milk of your choice. Also, add in 1 tsp of coffee extract and 1/2 tsp stevia or any sweetener you would like. Blend again really well until the smooth texture is achieved. Taste and adjust the flavor of the coffee and sweetness. Adjust the sweetness and flavors as per your convenience.
- Now keep this mixture aside. Take another bowl and start whipping the heavy cream with an electric mixer. The cream needs to be fluffy until stiff peaks appear at the top. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixer until well combined.
- Take your piping accessories. Pipe the mixture into glasses and refrigerate.
- While serving the cheesecake mousse, you can top them with coffee beans as decoration.
Not all fats are bad. This low carb cappuccino cheesecake mousse can be enjoyed even by kids. They won’t even know the difference. This is a much healthier option to lose weight and maintain a really good food lifestyle.
If you wish to lose weight and be fit and healthy, you should also exercise than rather only cooking up keto recipes at home.
Just because you want to lose weight doesn’t mean you cut out all fats, sweets out from your diet. You can still maintain a healthy diet and also enjoy your food. Do try this recipe and enjoy.